Excerts: Celebrating Writers and Artists
Are you an RBWG member and a published author? Self-published; big-5 or other publishing houses; independent publisher; or online. Any of the above. We are launching a new Zoom event series to spotlight published authors of prose or poetry, fiction or nonfiction. The events will include 12 Guild members reading an excerpt from work they have published that meets the specified theme. We will include three artists with works that speak to the theme as well.
Call For Submissions
Details coming in September
Reading Zoom Rehearsal:
Reading Zoom Event:
Only 12 signup slots are available for published Guild members for each event, first-come-first-served. You will have the opportunity to hold up your book and say where it is available or mention the online site where your work is published.
If you are interested in reading up to 400 words (no more than three minutes) from your published work that meets the theme , please carefully peruse the Submission Guidelines AND the Reader Commitment. If you can meet all of the requirements, click on the SiginUpGenius link to add your name to the list of readers.
1. You are an RBWG Guild member.
2. The piece you will read has been published (self-published; big-5 or other publishing houses; independent publisher; or online)
3. Your piece is 400 words or less (3 minutes or less) adhering to the theme.
4. Your piece is prose or poetry, fiction or nonfiction; no politics, religion, erotica, or violence.
5. You commit to submitting your piece and a summary by the Submission Deadline.
6. You commit to attending the Zoom rehearsal.
7. You commit to practicing reading your piece prior to the rehearsal.
8. You commit to attending the reading.
9. You commit to ensuring a computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet setup that provides a straight-ahead picture for Zoom—no hand holding phones or tablets; no placing phones or tablets flat on a tabletop—they must be supported by a proper mount at a proper height or leaned against something of appropriate height (like a stack of books on a table).
1. Work Submission Deadline: Details in September
2. Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Attach to the email your 400-words or less (3 minutes or less) prose or poetry, fiction or nonfiction, as a Word doc. At the top of the doc please include your name as you would like it listed, the title of your publication, and your phone number (we won't call you unless we have an issue to resolve quickly).
4. Above the blurb you are going to read, please provide us with a summary background of the book or original piece so we have context for what will be read. If it is a book, perhaps your inside cover blurb. If it is a longer short story or poem from which you are reading a piece, provide a summary of the entire story or poem.
Copyright © Rehoboth Beach Writers Guild